Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Spacemusic Podcast

Spacemusic Podcast's RSS feed which includes free extra episodes

I recently downloaded (and saved) the Spacemusic Podcast archive. I've been listening to it off and on since 2005. I've never heard anything quite like it. TC is great and his accent sounds very different. It sounds like the same genre and kind of style (dreamy and spacey) that was in the early NFS music. For some reason, I haven't been able to listen to the stream on podcast.net for a very long time; I used to be able to, I believe. I had to look at the Page Source, then find the mp3/m4a file URL/link and download each episode like that.

TC began charging a small fee,
$1.99 per episode . I have considered donating to the Spacemusic podcast even before it moved to a pay fee. I don't have an iPod, iTunes or anything (have a cheap SVP mp3 player :P) so I don't know if it was a pay fee even before this for iTunes/iPod people. Here is the Web address for Spacemusic's podcast archive on Podcast.net and here is the Spacemusic podcast's new feed. If you're listening to Spacemusic for the first time, go to the free Spacemusic archive on Podcast.net to listen to it, it's out of this world! Leave a comment to let me know what you think of it. I'm also on the lookout for similar podcasts, so leave a comment if you know of some other great music.
UPDATE (Nov. 1, 2006-10PM)
I downloaded episode 63 of Spacemusic on Halloween. Wow, another incredible episode!
UPDATE (Jan. 15, 2006)
I just downloaded and am now listening to Spacemusic Podcast episode 65 as I write this. The girl, Shelley (sp?) introduced TC (go TC! :-) in episode 65 and I hadn't really realized she had been in the introduction the past few episodes. I've come to realize that there's nothing like a girl's voice in Electronic music. I've noticed that some of my favorite Electronic music I've liked over the years has a girl's voice somewhere in it. A guy's voice can sound good, too, particularly TC and some of the male vocals featured in Spacemusic and in other music I've heard (NFS, etc.), which I would generally describe both types of vocals I often hear in Electronic music as kind of dreamy, hypnotic and/or subliminal.

Comments on "Spacemusic Podcast"

 

Blogger YaYa Lo said ... (9/21/2006 11:36 AM) : 

I just wanted to check out your blog. Thanks for visiting mine.

 

Blogger Spitfire said ... (9/24/2006 10:07 PM) : 

Thanks for visiting my blog, first of all.
And talking about the template, I like the new font colors in your blog, it makes the template more attractive. Personally, I just cannot imagine what to write on the left space, and if you take a look now at my blog you will notice I eliminated the "put some text here" things, and even would like to make the central part wider, in order to use that extra space left, however, I haven't yet figured out how to do it... maybe you could help me. :)

Besides that, maybe we could exchange some music! I like that sort of music, as well.

 

Blogger Mr. Clean said ... (9/25/2006 12:15 AM) : 

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I really like the colors I've chosen to have so far too. My tastes may evolve but I will always like this purple,peach/tan,silver combination. I just pretty much threw the colors together real quick and may tweak the exact colors I have in mind. I'm always tweaking different parts of the code though. Give me an e-mail and I could definitely give you some ideas. I'm using a flash animation in my left side and the normal code under that. You could do a variety of things on the sides, like pics, animations, links, etc. Before I chose this template, I was trying to get a flash template on here but I don't think Blogger was compatible with it. I may also change to another template eventually but it won't be any time soon.

I did all of my edits in Dreamweaver, made it a lot easier. You can download Dreamweaver from BitTorrent. I'll help you to download using BitTorrent if you need me to also.

 

Blogger Spitfire said ... (10/06/2006 11:36 PM) : 

Hi there, I'm back!

I have now got the Dreamweaver, and just need a little bit of time to get accustomed to it. Something I can't find (however I remember seeing that somewhere) is an option that enables you to see a split window with the html on one side, and the "final" version of the script on the other...

 

Blogger Mr. Clean said ... (10/07/2006 1:42 AM) : 

I'm glad you got Dreamweaver. Are you referring to the Design/Code/Split thing on Dreamweaver or something else?

I made some additional tweaks recently to the spacing so the sidebar text was closer together. I like it a lot better now. Let me know if you're wanting to change/do something specific because I probably know which part of the code it is to change.

 

post a comment